Vision, Mission and Values
VISION - MISSION - VALUES
To be a people that provides a “safe place to encounter God.” Our relationship in being led by the Holy Spirit will positively impact people, especially a new generation in joining our servanthood to our community and beyond through boldly establishing multiple and diverse ministries.
We will effectively reach people with the message of Jesus Christ and help them to mature in their journey toward God by building relationships through love while praying for His guidance and empowerment.
Character – Stature and Fullness of Christ
- God has ordained that the goal or mark that every believer is moving toward is to become conformed to the image of Jesus Christ.
- Ephesians 4:13 describes this character as “a mature man, to the measure of the stature which belongs to the fullness of Christ.”
Maturity – Spiritually Growing
- We are to be spiritually growing. So, as we keep our eyes on our goal, Jesus Christ, we will constantly be transforming in degrees from glory to glory by the Spirit of the Lord.
- Ephesians 4:15 says that “we are to grow up in all aspects into Him who is the head, that is, Christ”
Relationship – People Focused
- God has designed us relational beings and therefore we strive to focus our attention on people while going into all the world to make disciples.
- Ephesians 4:16 emphasizes the importance of everyone contributing when it says “from whom the whole body, being fitted and held together by what every joint supplies, according to the proper working of each individual part”
Love – Service Emphasis
- Jesus taught us that there is no greater love than to lay down our lives for others and to take up our cross and follow Him. As disciples, we are not greater than our master who showed us servant leadership by washing the feet of those He loved and then going to the cross to die for them.
- Ephesians 4:15 instructs the manner which we are to serve by guiding us into “speaking the truth in love”
Prayer – Communication with God
- Prayer is simply communication with God. Communication is a two-way street. It involves both sharing our thoughts and listening for the thoughts of others. As disciples, every step we take in following God is informed by our communication with Him.
- Ephesians 6:18-19 gives guidance when it admonishes “with every prayer and request, pray at all times in the Spirit”